Atlanta ISD Alumni Awards and Special Awards Program
Click image below for form.
Distinguished Alumni Awards Program
The purpose of the distinguished Alumni Awards Program is to recognize and honor former students of the Atlanta ISD whose achievements, strengths of character and citizenship serve as models to inspire and challenge today’s students. The Distinguished Alumni Awards Committee shall establish the highest standards in conferring these awards.
- Any person may submit a nomination for consideration by the Awards Committee.
- Submittal of the completed nomination form provided by the Awards Committee is required.
- Nominations will be accepted between May 1 and August 1 of each year. Recognitions will be made at the annual homecoming event. Awardees will be special guests at the Atlanta ISD Honors Banquet with the unveiling of their portraits which will be placed in the AISD Hall of Honor.
Eligibility for Awards
- The Distinguished Alumni Award shall be open to any alumnus or alumna who attended Atlanta ISD High School for a minimum of three (3) years and is at least thirty (30) years of age at the time of nomination. Awards for the alumni will be given for achievement in various fields of service including, but not limited to: the arts, athletics, business, education, entertainment, law, medicine, military, music, philanthropy, politics, public service, religion, scholarship and science.
- Awards may be given posthumously and, in such instances, there shall be no age requirement.
- No current member of the Awards Committee shall be eligible for an Award.
Special Awards Program
- Distinguished Service Awards may be given as special awards to recognize and honor former faculty members and other individuals whose service to and support of the Atlanta Independent School District have been outstanding.
- No more than (1) Distinguished Service Award may be given in any (1) year.
- To qualify for nomination for a Distinguished Service Award, a faculty member must have completed at least ten (10) years of service to the District. At least three (3) years must have elapsed between the nominee’s last full-time service to the District and the end of the school year in which the award is to be granted.
- To qualify for nomination for Distinguished Service Award, an individual’s support of and service to the District must have been outstanding.
- Unless contrary to a provision of this section, all procedures governing the selection of the Distinguished Alumni Awardees also govern the selection of the Distinguished Service Awardees.